As an affiliate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.
Ferrets are strict carnivores and require meat-based protein. Marshall premium ferret diet and bandit treats combine the freshest meat ingredients with a unique low-temperature process that makes them the best ferret food and treats available.
Here’s are 10 ferret hacks on how to keeping a ferret as a pet.
What is it like to keep a ferret as a pet? There are several things you should know ferrets before keeping them as pets.
Let’s start with a few facts about ferrets. These are fun and interesting facts about ferrets that you might like to know.
1. Weasel War Dance– When ferrets are excited or feeling full of energy, they’ll perform a wild dance known as the weasel war dance. The ferret does this to expend energy and assert its dominance.
2. High maintenance– Ferrets are more high maintenance than other common household pets such as dogs and cats
. Because they’re more prone to medical conditions and they need more supplies and medical care, this is.
3. Legality– Did you know that in some places, ferrets are illegal to own? Check here for a list of states where ferret ownership is not allowed.
4. Rodents– Ferrets often get confused with rodents like hamsters and the guinea pig. Ferrets come from a different species known as Mustelidae.
5. Hoarders– One of the most distinctive qualities of ferrets is that they love to hoard. They might hoard a bunch of stuff in your house if you don’t keep a check on them!
6. Ferocious little animals– Ferrets are some of the most ferocious pets you can keep. Don’t worry, they’re not dangerous, but they will try to assert their dominance and even try to bite if they’re upset.
7. Handymen– Because of their agility and their shape/size, ferrets have been used to run the wire through small holes in spaces that can’t normally be reached. This made them very useful for engineering and mechanical work.
8. Objects of artistic beauty– During Medieval Europe, ferrets were a common subject of artistic paintings. Many popular painters, including Leonardo Da Vinci, drew portraits of ferrets.l
9. Domestication– Ferrets have a history of being domesticated and being used for hunting wild animals. Because of how easily they could crawl down rabbit holes, they were particularly used for hunting rabbits.
10. Lifespan– Ferrets usually have a lifespan of between 7 and 10 years. This is somewhat high for a small animal, which is why many people like ferrets as pets: because they tend to stick around for a while.
They tend to wreck things around the house when ferrets become angry or agitated. They might wildly dance, bite, or break things. That’s why it’s important to keep them satisfied and cater to their needs.
Owning a ferret, like with most other animals, can lead to an increase in your medical bills. A ferret, especially, needs a good amount of medical care. A ferret may feel the need to go to the vet, and it’s a good idea to take it there.
Do ferrets make good pets?
The bottom line is– yes, ferrets make great pets! All these qualities make them a delight for people to be around. Plus, a group of ferrets is called a business, that’s pretty awesome.
There are several things you should know ferrets before keeping them as pets. Ferocious little animals– Ferrets are some of the most ferocious pets you can keep. Maybe other first-time ferret owners have a different experience though– I’ve heard many people tell me about how hectic and strange it can be to take care of a ferret for the first time. The bottom line is– yes, ferrets make great pets! A ferret owner might find themselves at times exhausted with a ferret.
A ferret owner might find themselves at times exhausted with a ferret. For many people, this is what makes having a ferret so much fun. Whenever I wanna take some time off, one thing I love to do is take my ferret to the beach and relax!