As an affiliate, I may earn from qualifying purchases.
Do ferrets get colds? Yes, unfortunately, they do. Usually, the cold only lasts a few days and they will be back to normal in no time. If your ferret gets a cold and has these symptoms, here is a good remedy that will help them beat their cold/flu.
- Watery eyes
- Loose Stool
- Rattling Cough
- Amoxicillin Liquid (10 days)
- Pedialyte (Infant Enzyme Water)
- Nutra Stat or Nutra Cal
- Vita-Sol (Infant Drops)
- Amoxicillin 2x daily. (check with you vet for proper dosage). I usually use about 1 ml in the syringe, which works well for an adult ferret.
- One 2 inch ribbon of Nutra Stat or Nutra Cal.
- 1/2 eyedropper of Vita-Sol in water bottle daily.
- 1/2 water, 1/2 pediolite in a water bottle.
The cold will last about 2 weeks but will lessen each day.
Call your veterinarian immediately for an appointment and Follow vet instructions.